Lansbury Lawrence Primary School
Welcome to the Lansbury Lawrence Primary School website. We are a creative and successful, multi-cultural nursery and primary school in the heart of Poplar in the East London Borough of Tower Hamlets taking children from ages 3-11.
Lansbury Lawrence was built as part of the Festival of Britain. Enjoy the children’s award-winning film to find out more…
Community Notice Board
- Free Swimming Lessons at Mile End Pool during the half-term holiday! Click here for more information and booking.
- Adult Classes are back this term! Starting with ESOL from 20th September (English for Speakers of Other Languages). Follow this link for details.
- Parent Coffee Mornings have returned and are on Thursdays at 9:00 am in the Community Room. We hope to see you there!
- Sewing Classes for parents begin in November. Speak to Maureen to reserve a place, all resources and equipment will be provided.
Health and Safety Update
We strictly follow all Government guidance and continue to be vigilant and cautious. The actions that we are taking to keep your child safe at the moment include:
- Frequent and thorough handwashing
- Symptomatic children and staff must not come to school and isolate for 10 days or until they have a negative test result
- If a child or member of staff has a confirmed covid-19 case, all close contacts who are over 18 and unvaccinated will isolate for 10 days
- If a child or member of staff has a confirmed covid-19 case, all close contacts who are under 18 and fully vaccinated can continue to attend school and are encouraged to get a PCR test at the earliest opportunity
Thank you for supporting us with these important measures.
The year 1's and year 6's have been reading together on Friday afternoons for several weeks now. Today for the first time the year ones read their guided reading books to their year 6 buddy. They felt a little bit nervous but had a great time reading to the year 6's....
On Wednesday we went on a trip to roam places that were involved in the Poplar rates rebellion. In total we walked 3.2km! First we put on our vests and left the school through the office. On our way we encountered St Mary’s and St Joseph's church. Next to the church...
Today in maths, Goldsworthy class were beginning to learn about parts and wholes. We used fruit to learn about whole objects (where you can see all of it) and parts (where you can't see all of it!). The apple that Ms Dickman hasn't touched is the whole. The apple...
This week in Carle Class we have been exploring the changes that come with autumn. We have noticed that the leaves are falling from the trees and changing colour. Some of us used conkers and autumn colours to make autumn pictures outside in the garden.
Day 2 of our DT project has been all about designing, discussing and building. Lea Jagendorf was back in to assist us in considering why design matters, and we ended with pieces that will be housed in a school exhibit near to our front entrance to welcome you to our...
This week in P4C, Kahlo Class used a scene from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory for a discussion stimulus....