Lansbury Lawrence Primary School
Welcome to the Lansbury Lawrence Primary School website. We are a creative and successful, multi-cultural nursery and primary school in the heart of Poplar in the East London Borough of Tower Hamlets taking children from ages 2-11.
- The Room for Art exhibition at the Canary Wharf Community Gallery has now come to an end. (Click here) to read more about the project and our fundraising.
- Spring After School Care open everyday in the Community Room from 3:30 until 6:00pm (Click here)
- Breakfast club is open from 7:30 am during term time for all children from nursery age and above. Speak to Debbie or Shahera in the office for more information.
- Orchid Class, for our Two-Year-Olds, is open for part-time and full-time places. Please visit the school office if you would like to know more.
Hepworth Class had our own family science day during our exhibition this week! We had several experiments that we had done this term, set up around the classroom for our adults to try and we got a go at being the teachers! We also got the chance to show off our...
This morning, Kahlo class held it's first school council meeting of the new school year. Our school council members, Ishaq and Maha, led the class through a discussion of some key issues: Tokens for behaviourOur weekly family science experimentsClimate change and...
On Friday last, Year 5 ventured across Bartlett Park to the Poplar Union community space, to meet with scientists from the University of Kent - how exciting! The workshop was called 'Plastic Unwrapped'. What everyday items contain plastic? Together with Discover...
Dear Parents and CarersLast Thursday we had a special visitor - an assessor from Eco-Schools came in to meet with our Eco Committee. We were being assessed for a Green Flag Award - the highest Eco-Schools award. The Eco-Committee were brilliant, and spoke clearly...
During our topic of all about me we have been learning about our senses. Last week we tested our sense of smell. We wore a blindfold and smelt a range of different things and had a guess at what they were. They ranged from chocolate spread to mint sauce, from garlic...
In Daisy Class we spent a long time painting self portraits. We looked in the mirror and had some lovely discussions about skin, hair and eye colours. We painted our faces and hair first by carefully mixing paint together to make the correct skin tone and hair colour....
Our Class Learning Stories
Catch up on classroom learning by enjoying the Class Learning Stories. The feeds are regularly updated by the teachers and children.
- O’Keeffe Class Learning Story
- Goldsworthy Class Learning Story
- Delaunay Class Learning Story
- Tagore Class Learning Story
- Hepworth Class Learning Story
- Hokusai Class Learning Story
- Riley Class Learning Story
- Van Gogh Class Learning Story
- Kahlo Class Learning Story
- Lichtenstein Class Learning Story
- Hirst Class Learning Story
- Peggy Angus Class Learning Story
- Nursery Learning Story
- Reception Learning Story