Lansbury Lawrence Primary School
Welcome to the Lansbury Lawrence Primary School website. We are a creative and successful, multi-cultural nursery and primary school in the heart of Poplar in the East London Borough of Tower Hamlets taking children from ages 3-11.
Lansbury Lawrence was built as part of the Festival of Britain. Enjoy the children’s award-winning film to find out more…
Community Notice Board
- Back to school! Children return to school on Thursday 2nd September. Letter to Parents from 26th August
- Adult Classes are back this term! Starting with ESOL from 20th September (English for Speakers of Other Languages). Follow this link for details.
- Meet the Teacher is the week of the 20th September. All meetings are in the Top Hall.
- Monday @ 9 am: Year 2
- Tuesday @ 9 am: Year 1
- Tuesday @ 3 pm: Year 6
- Wednesday @ 9 am: Year 3
- Thursday @ 9 am: Year 5
- Friday @ 9 am: Year 4
- Parent Coffee Mornings have returned and are on Thursdays at 9:00 am in the Community Room. We hope to see you there!
Health and Safety Update
We strictly follow all Government guidance and continue to be vigilant and cautious. The actions that we are taking to keep your child safe at the moment include:
- Frequent and thorough handwashing
- Symptomatic children and staff must not come to school and isolate for 10 days or until they have a negative test result
- If a child or member of staff has a confirmed covid-19 case, all close contacts who are over 18 and unvaccinated will isolate for 10 days
- If a child or member of staff has a confirmed covid-19 case, all close contacts who are under 18 and fully vaccinated can continue to attend school and are encouraged to get a PCR test at the earliest opportunity
Thank you for supporting us with these important measures.
In Year One the children get the opportunity to play with their friends from other classes. We have adult led activities and lots of free time where they can explore the resources and chat with their friends. Making buses for our Community WallPlaying UnoDisco Dough...
Year 5 had our first Forest School Session today, with a group of children going out into the Secret Garden to explore our surroundings. We used all our senses to explore the area and see what we noticed around us. There were lots of glistening snail trails, crunching...
Year 3's new topic this half term is Community. As part of this, we will be learning all about the Festival of Britain and focusing on it's significance to our school and the local area as students explore the important question: Why is our school special?...
This term Year 1 are exploring paint. Today they learnt how to hold a paintbrush and practised different kinds of mark-making in our beautiful new sketchbooks. We had such a lovely time and enjoyed looking at each other's work at the end of the lesson and talking...
We have had a lovely time this week in O'Keeffe Class. We are learning how to move in the classroom and in the school. We use 1, 2 and 3 to transition safely around the class. Every day we do guided reading and phonics, followed by maths. In maths we have been sorting...
This week in Year 1 we have ben having lots of fun with our learning. We have been learning about The Tiger Who Came To Tea - We have been reading together as a whole class and writing words and sentences about the book. We also made masks and pretended to be...