Lansbury Lawrence Primary School
Welcome to the Lansbury Lawrence Primary School website. We are a creative and successful, multi-cultural nursery and primary school in the heart of Poplar in the East London Borough of Tower Hamlets taking children from ages 3-11.
School Reopening – 8th March
All children return to school on the 8th March. We are continuing with the same staggered start and end to the day as we had during the Autumn Term:
- Nursery morning session is from 8:55 until 11:30
- Nursery afternoon session is from 12:30pm until 3:05pm
- Reception should arrive at 8:45 and be collected at 3:00pm
- Year 1 and Year 4 should arrive at 8:45am and be collected at 3:00pm
- Year 2 and Year 5 should arrive at 8:50 am and be collected at 3:05pm
- Year 3 and Year 6 should arrive at 8:55 am and be collected at 3:10pm
Where a family has children in more than one year group, the children should all arrive at the earliest time given and leave at the latest.
We look forward to welcoming everyone back!
Use these links to go straight to our early years home learning:
Lansbury Lawrence was built as part of the Festival of Britain. Enjoy the children’s award-winning film to find out more…
Community Notice Board
- School reopens 8th March – Letter for parents and carers of all children
- There is a School Streets consultation now online from Tower Hamlets.
‘School streets are pioneering schemes to transform roads outside schools, so that pedestrians and cyclists can use them safely at school start and finish times.’
School Streets | Let’s Talk Tower Hamlets
- School meal vouchers will be supplied by Edenred from 22nd February and our window for placing orders is the 23rd February. These come to an end on the 5th March.
Health and Safety Update
When all children return on the 8th March here are the main actions that we are taking to keep all of the children, staff and families safe.
- A staggered start and end to the school day
- All children are taught in ‘Bubbles’ of their classmates
- Bubbles do not mix and children play and eat in their bubbles
- Frequent and thorough handwashing
- Staff wear masks whenever outside of their bubbles or workspace
- Any visiting adults toa bubble, maintain 2m distant and wear a mask
- Symptomatic children and staff must not come to school and isolate for 10 days or until they have a negative test result
- If a child or member of staff has a confimed covid-19 case, all close contacts will isolate for 10 days – this will likely include their entire bubble
Thank you for supporting us with these important measures.
The weekly challenges are whole school wider curriculum activities for you to engage with at home, perhaps with other members of your family joining in. Do send in your finished work via Google Classroom or to your teacher; the more creative the better! This week’s...
What an astounding half term it has been and once again the children have shown amazing resilience and adapted brilliantly to their new way of learning. Van Gogh class have been busy having live Google Meets lessons with their teachers for Maths, English and Reading....
This week KS2 had a great week in their Forest School sessions. It was so much warmer and we discussed how spring was finally here! We started the afternoon with a game of 'Early Bird Gets the Worm' where we had to race to catch the worm in the middle of the space....
Please enjoy our weekly video showcasing some of our excellent work this week. Lots and lots of great work to enjoy! This week we're sharing work from Carle Class, in Nursery, and Years 1, 3 and 5. We hope that you enjoyed the exhibitions before half-term. Please...
The weekly challenges are whole school wider curriculum activities for you to engage with at home, perhaps with other members of your family joining in. Do send in your finished work via Google Classroom or to your teacher; the more creative the better! This week's...
Today some of our children in UKS2 had an exciting opportunity to ask award-winning singer-songwriter, composer and Royal Academy of Music graduate Rosabella Gregory some questions about her life, influences and work within the music industry. Our children created...