Lansbury Lawrence Primary School
Welcome to the Lansbury Lawrence Primary School website. We are a creative and successful, multi-cultural nursery and primary school in the heart of Poplar in the East London Borough of Tower Hamlets taking children from ages 3-11.
School Reopening – 8th March
All children return to school on the 8th March. We are continuing with the same staggered start and end to the day as we had during the Autumn Term:
- Nursery morning session is from 8:55 until 11:30
- Nursery afternoon session is from 12:30pm until 3:05pm
- Reception should arrive at 8:45 and be collected at 3:00pm
- Year 1 and Year 4 should arrive at 8:45am and be collected at 3:00pm
- Year 2 and Year 5 should arrive at 8:50 am and be collected at 3:05pm
- Year 3 and Year 6 should arrive at 8:55 am and be collected at 3:10pm
Where a family has children in more than one year group, the children should all arrive at the earliest time given and leave at the latest.
We look forward to welcoming everyone back!
Use these links to go straight to our early years home learning:
Lansbury Lawrence was built as part of the Festival of Britain. Enjoy the children’s award-winning film to find out more…
Community Notice Board
- Lansbury Lawrence has been shortlisted for Creative School of the Year! It’s brilliant news and is a wonderful recognition of our commitment to the whole child and the opportunities that we give our children.
- School Streets Super Zone – Tower Hamlets want to make walking, cycling and scooting to school a more attractive option by reducing traffic and congestion in the school’s immediate surroundings. Please click on the Parent Flyer to find out more and answer the survey.
- Please enjoy our Half-term exhibition posts on our class blogs – hopefully we’ll be inviting parents in to live exhibitions soon!
- School Closes for Summer on Friday 16th July and children return on Thursday 2nd September.
- School reopening 8th March 2021 – Letter for parents and carers of all children
Health and Safety Update
We strictly follow all Government guidance and continue to be vigilant and cautious. The actions that we are taking to keep your child safe at the moment include:
- A staggered start and end to the school day
- All children are taught in ‘Bubbles’ of their classmates
- Bubbles do not mix inside and children eat with their bubbles
- We now have year group bubbles when playing outside
- Frequent and thorough handwashing
- Staff wear masks whenever outside of their bubbles or workspace
- Any adults visiting a bubble, maintain 2m distance and wear a mask
- Symptomatic children and staff must not come to school and isolate for 10 days or until they have a negative test result
- If a child or member of staff has a confirmed covid-19 case, all close contacts will isolate for 10 days – this will likely include their entire bubble
Thank you for supporting us with these important measures.
We are delighted to let you know that Lansbury Lawrence has been shortlisted for the Tes Creative School of the Year award, 2021. We are one of only 8 schools to be shortlisted, nationally. We are very proud of our commitment to creativity at Lansbury Lawrence, and...
Philosophy for Children, otherwise known as P4C, is a subject in which children participate in philosophical enquiry. This enhances children's thinking and communication skills and boosts their self-esteem. There are 4 skills of P4C which are: caring, collaborative,...
We love learning number facts and strategies. Today we were playing a dice game. We had to roll the two dice in our pairs and decide if it was a double or near double. We could only write down these on our white boards. The winner was the pair with the most double or...
In O'Keeffe Class we really know how to say our phonic sounds. This is us giving it our best shot. Ready, Steady, Go! https://youtu.be/9yOMQ51I9ZY
Hello everyone! Welcome back from half-term and into our final half-term of the year. In the last couple of weeks since we have come back we have been doing a lot of exciting things in Lichtenstein class. To kick us off into this half-term we have switched our focus...
This time with 365,000 other children from across the UK! Today we joined Young Voices virtual choir via Zoom, led by Yolanda Brown. We sang Lovely Day arranged by Billy Ocean. It is a great song and we loved learning it! The warm ups were so fun. First we warmed up...
Today, we took part in the World Record Event, the Biggest Sing. Our children really enjoyed warming up their bodies and voices ready for the singing. Warming up our voices More fun warming up our voices Lovely Day