Lansbury Lawrence Primary School
Welcome to the Lansbury Lawrence Primary School website. We are a creative and successful, multi-cultural nursery and primary school in the heart of Poplar in the East London Borough of Tower Hamlets taking children from ages 3-11.
School Reopening – 8th March
All children return to school on the 8th March. We are continuing with the same staggered start and end to the day as we had during the Autumn Term:
- Nursery morning session is from 8:55 until 11:30
- Nursery afternoon session is from 12:30pm until 3:05pm
- Reception should arrive at 8:45 and be collected at 3:00pm
- Year 1 and Year 4 should arrive at 8:45am and be collected at 3:00pm
- Year 2 and Year 5 should arrive at 8:50 am and be collected at 3:05pm
- Year 3 and Year 6 should arrive at 8:55 am and be collected at 3:10pm
Where a family has children in more than one year group, the children should all arrive at the earliest time given and leave at the latest.
We look forward to welcoming everyone back!
Use these links to go straight to our early years home learning:
Lansbury Lawrence was built as part of the Festival of Britain. Enjoy the children’s award-winning film to find out more…
Community Notice Board
- Lansbury Lawrence has been shortlisted for Creative School of the Year! It’s brilliant news and is a wonderful recognition of our commitment to the whole child and the opportunities that we give our children.
- School Streets Super Zone – Tower Hamlets want to make walking, cycling and scooting to school a more attractive option by reducing traffic and congestion in the school’s immediate surroundings. Please click on the Parent Flyer to find out more and answer the survey.
- Please enjoy our Half-term exhibition posts on our class blogs – hopefully we’ll be inviting parents in to live exhibitions soon!
- School Closes for Summer on Friday 16th July and children return on Thursday 2nd September.
- School reopening 8th March 2021 – Letter for parents and carers of all children
Health and Safety Update
We strictly follow all Government guidance and continue to be vigilant and cautious. The actions that we are taking to keep your child safe at the moment include:
- A staggered start and end to the school day
- All children are taught in ‘Bubbles’ of their classmates
- Bubbles do not mix inside and children eat with their bubbles
- We now have year group bubbles when playing outside
- Frequent and thorough handwashing
- Staff wear masks whenever outside of their bubbles or workspace
- Any adults visiting a bubble, maintain 2m distance and wear a mask
- Symptomatic children and staff must not come to school and isolate for 10 days or until they have a negative test result
- If a child or member of staff has a confirmed covid-19 case, all close contacts will isolate for 10 days – this will likely include their entire bubble
Thank you for supporting us with these important measures.
Hadid class was lucky enough to spend most of their last day at primary school canoeing in the sun. We walked over to Bartlett Park and paddled around the canals all morning. We rowed up and down the waterways, had races, bumped into each other and got stuck a few...
Some great photos from the fantastic summer fete which was held this week. A huge thanks to the parents, year 6 children, staff and Maureen for organising this fun-filled day!
After a year of learning, lockdown and laughter, the students in Hokusai wanted to share their thoughts and memories about the year. Our start I remember when we started year 3. We were all excited to move on with our education and experience new people and a new...
Wow, we can't believe it's the end of the year for Riley class in year 4. We have had a fantastic time together on our learning journey this year - so much has happened and we wish we could stay together for another year! We have been reflecting about our favourite...
Hirst Class would like to thank all members of Lansbury Lawrence for making our time so special, memorable and inspiring. Many of us have been here since Nursery and we would like to thank all staff who have worked with us throughout our school for helping shape us...
We have had a very fun and busy day today in nursery! We had a great time at the summer fete and tried lots of different activities. We had a great time on the bouncy castle! We loved playing hook the duck! Some of us made huge bubbles!