Lansbury Lawrence Primary School
Welcome to the Lansbury Lawrence Primary School website. We are a creative and successful, multi-cultural nursery and primary school in the heart of Poplar in the East London Borough of Tower Hamlets taking children from ages 3-11.
Lansbury Lawrence was built as part of the Festival of Britain. Enjoy the children’s award-winning film to find out more…
Health and Safety Update
Following a confirmed case of covid-19, we are asking pupils and staff in Hadid Class to isolate. Household members do not need to isolate and siblings should continue to attend school.
We are continuing to monitor all of our procedures and we are confident that they remain strong.
Thank you to all staff, parents and carers for continuing to keep us informed and working with us to ensure that we’re all doing the right thing.
Community Notice Board
- Please click here for details about the return to school for all children, and how we’re keeping everyone safe.
Please note: Children will not be change for PE lessons and do not require a separate PE kit in September.
- Parent and Teacher meetings begin the week of the 16th November. See the newsletter for further details.
- If you are isolating at home because of coronavirus symptoms, please use the links in the box below to support your child’s learning.
- Please have your symptomatic child tested as quickly as possible so that they can come back to school at the earliest opportunity. If the test result is positive, you must inform the school immediately so that we can act to protect everyone in their bubble.
- Our harvest collection this year is going to the Bow Foodbank. Thank you for all your contributions.
The School Council led this year's Anti-Bullying assembly with this brilliant film: Thank you for all of the poster designs submitted; it was very hard to choose the winners. The shortlist was a very long list and it was down to Mr Daley to pick the final three!...
This half term year 6 are studying Ancient Islamic Civilisations, with a focus on the Golden Age of Islamic Culture. Because of this, we were lucky enough to have Millie Knight from the Courtauld Institute of Art come to teach us an online lesson on Art and Maths. Our...
Local photojournalist Jess Hurd will be embarking on an exciting new project to document life under lockdown at Lansbury Lawrence Primary School. She will be coming in to school on Friday 27th November to take photographs. The images will be a tribute to the key...
Year 3 have been working hard this term learning about animation. First, we made flip book animations using drawings that were animated by flipping the pages. More recently we've been using an app to create stop-frame animations using background settings and...
We learnt about Diwali the Festival of Light and then made our own Rangoli patterns. By Zaid. By Juwayriyya By Siam By Yasin By Abdul Hameed. By Sam By Syeda Tahira By Ismaeel By Musa .U.
Phonics in Hamilton class. Every day we practise a new sound, learn how to blend and segment and have a go at forming the letter of our new sound and write a simple word or sentence. Umaymah write the word 'pig'. Yousuf has a go at 'g'. Abdul Hameed is using his...