Lansbury Lawrence Primary School
Welcome to the Lansbury Lawrence Primary School website. We are a creative and successful, multi-cultural nursery and primary school in the heart of Poplar in the East London Borough of Tower Hamlets taking children from ages 2-11.
- Change of Date: Family Picnic for Eid al-Fitr will now be on Thursday 6th June at 2:00 pm. We look forward to seeing you all there. See our 17th May Newsletter for more details.
- Ramadan Mubarak! Our thoughts are with all of our Muslim families during this special time. For information about children fasting at school, please refer to the 3rd May Newsletter.
- The Room for Art exhibition at the Canary Wharf Community Gallery has now come to an end. (Click here) to read more about the project and our fundraising.
- Spring After School Care open everyday in the Community Room from 3:30 until 6:00pm (Click here)
- Breakfast club open to all children from nursery age and above. Speak to Debbie or Shahera in the office for more information.
- Nursery offer letters have now been sent out. If you are expecting a letter and have yet to receive it, please contact the school as soon as possible to make sure that your place is secured.
Working together. Ball skills Happy Days "5 little ducks went swimming one day"read more
For the past few weeks, Year 1 have learnt that some farms grow wheat, this is mainly on Rural farms. After the wheat is grown it is cut then ground into flour which we can use to make bread. We then learnt a recipe on how to make bread, wrote our instructions. We...read more
This term Year 1 have been learning about the farms. We have learnt that a Rural farm can be found in the countryside and an Urban farm is found in the city. This is also called a city farm and is surrounded by buildings, tall and short, and cars and traffic. On...read more
Dear Parents and CarersThank you to all of our community who made it in to their child's class exhibition on Wednesday after school. We enjoy sharing our learning with you, and the children and teachers worked extra hard to put a show on for you to enjoy; there was...read more
This week Bluebell class has been learning all about Ramadan. We talked about fasting and the evening meal (Iftaar). Many children were eager to share their own experiences of Ramadan with their families. We made a traditional iftaar dish from Turkey called Börek....read more
What a fantastic day we've had in year 3 today! We were doing activities all day about our identities and what is important to us. It was led by two artists from the Tate Britain and part of the Year 3 project led by the famous artist Steve McQueen. We created lots of...read more
Our Class Learning Stories
Catch up on classroom learning by enjoying the Class Learning Stories. The feeds are regularly updated by the teachers and children.
- O’Keeffe Class Learning Story
- Goldsworthy Class Learning Story
- Delaunay Class Learning Story
- Tagore Class Learning Story
- Hepworth Class Learning Story
- Hokusai Class Learning Story
- Riley Class Learning Story
- Van Gogh Class Learning Story
- Kahlo Class Learning Story
- Lichtenstein Class Learning Story
- Hirst Class Learning Story
- Peggy Angus Class Learning Story
- Nursery Learning Story
- Reception Learning Story