Lansbury Lawrence Primary School
Welcome to the Lansbury Lawrence Primary School website. We are a creative and successful, multi-cultural nursery and primary school in the heart of Poplar in the East London Borough of Tower Hamlets taking children from ages 2-11.
Throughout the school closure and beyond, our guiding aims as a school are:
Community Notice Board
- Happy Holidays! We’re looking forward to opening full-time to all pupils in September. Check back here for more details as we complete our plans. In the meantime, take a look at this page for a message from your new teachers from Year 1 to year 6
- Plan for the wider opening of school from June 1st, updated to include Y2,3, 4 and 5: click Here
- Further information for parents returning their children to school: click here
- School Closure: Click here for the latest updates
- Home Learning won’t be updated over the summer break, but you can still access previous learning through Google Classroom
- Additional information and resources to support you and your child’s learning
Lansbury Lawrence was built as part of the Festival of Britain. Enjoy the children’s film to find out more…
Meet your new teacher!On a normal year, all of you would have met your new teacher and be excited for September. We've not been able to do this this year, so we've put together this page to introduce you to your new class. Before you look at your video below, we're...
Wider Opening of School - Keeping Safe The video below shows what school is like at the moment for the children and explains some off the ways in which we are keeping everyone safe.
What is SafeToNet? As a response to this year's unprecedented Covid pandemic, more and more children are spending time alone on their devices or have been gifted personal devices to help with their online learning. To combat this increased risk, the SafeToNet...
We are celebrating a fun musical term here at Lansbury Lawrence. We may have had to make some small changes in order to create a safe place for everyone but that certainly didn't stop any of the fun in our music lessons. This term we celebrated this year's Make Music...
Yesterday we said goodbye to our current year 6, as they move on to secondary school. It was lovely to see so many of our children and families together again to celebrate their time at Lansbury Lawrence. There were moving speeches about memories and a brilliant...
Please enjoy our latest presentation for our assembly celebrating achievements of children in school and at home. Take a look and see who's been especially successful this week!
Being back in school in smaller groups has given us opportunities to explore new skills. Yesterday we had a go at making photo frames. Here are some pictures for you to enjoy.
Home Learning Links:
Google Classroom Websites (if you are having difficulty, use the Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari browsers and sign in using your Google Classroom account):
- Van Gogh
- Peggy Angus
Subscription Sites (paid for by Lansbury Lawrence)
- Purple Mash
- Accelerated Reader (KS2)
- TTRockstars (KS2)
- My Maths
- Spelling Shed
- First News iHub
- Reading Eggs
Recommended Free Sites