Lansbury Lawrence Primary School
Welcome to the Lansbury Lawrence Primary School website. We are a creative and successful, multi-cultural nursery and primary school in the heart of Poplar in the East London Borough of Tower Hamlets taking children from ages 2-11.
- The Room for Art exhibition at the Canary Wharf Community Gallery has now come to an end. (Click here) to read more about the project and our fundraising.
- Spring After School Care open everyday in the Community Room from 3:30 until 6:00pm (Click here)
- Breakfast club is open from 7:30 am during term time for all children from nursery age and above. Speak to Debbie or Shahera in the office for more information.
- Orchid Class, for our Two-Year-Olds, is open for part-time and full-time places. Please visit the school office if you wold like to know more.
Dear Parents and CarersAs part of our community curriculum learning across the whole school, today we are launching an exciting home learning project called 'Family Science'. We will be attaching experiments for you to do at home to this newsletter, with the first one...
Hepworth class went on a trip to Canary Wharf and West India Quay today. We explored the old docks and quays and saw the old cranes and warehouses. We imagined what life would have been like when the area was bustling with dock workers loading and unloading ships from...
This half term Year 2 are looking at People Who Help Us. We having been thinking about our communities and all the people in it. We came up with lots of different ideas about people who help us; police officers, firemen and fire women, nurses, doctors, vets, life...
Today we were working with Joe, our school gardener; we learnt how to water plants and pick the purple and green, long and bumpy beans. We enjoyed watering and we saw the most beautiful flowers ever! We saw grapes and some children ate them; they were amazingly...
On the 9th of September Year 6 visited the Houses of Parliament. They explored the houses of Lords and Commons and learnt many facts about how Parliament was made and how it has changed. A debate was done in groups to practice how a sitting of the house of Commons...
This was our first week in Poppy Class. For all of the wonderful learning that we will need do this coming year, it was very important for us to know our routines, feel settled, and generate a love for school. Look at all these happy Poppies!
Our Class Learning Stories
Catch up on classroom learning by enjoying the Class Learning Stories. The feeds are regularly updated by the teachers and children.
- O’Keeffe Class Learning Story
- Goldsworthy Class Learning Story
- Delaunay Class Learning Story
- Tagore Class Learning Story
- Hepworth Class Learning Story
- Hokusai Class Learning Story
- Riley Class Learning Story
- Van Gogh Class Learning Story
- Kahlo Class Learning Story
- Lichtenstein Class Learning Story
- Hirst Class Learning Story
- Peggy Angus Class Learning Story
- Nursery Learning Story
- Reception Learning Story