Lansbury Lawrence Primary School
Welcome to the Lansbury Lawrence Primary School website. We are a creative and successful, multi-cultural nursery and primary school in the heart of Poplar in the East London Borough of Tower Hamlets taking children from ages 3-11.
School Reopening – 8th March
All children return to school on the 8th March. We are continuing with the same staggered start and end to the day as we had during the Autumn Term:
- Nursery morning session is from 8:55 until 11:30
- Nursery afternoon session is from 12:30pm until 3:05pm
- Reception should arrive at 8:45 and be collected at 3:00pm
- Year 1 and Year 4 should arrive at 8:45am and be collected at 3:00pm
- Year 2 and Year 5 should arrive at 8:50 am and be collected at 3:05pm
- Year 3 and Year 6 should arrive at 8:55 am and be collected at 3:10pm
Where a family has children in more than one year group, the children should all arrive at the earliest time given and leave at the latest.
We look forward to welcoming everyone back!
Use these links to go straight to our early years home learning:
Lansbury Lawrence was built as part of the Festival of Britain. Enjoy the children’s award-winning film to find out more…
Community Notice Board
- School reopening 8th March 2021 – Letter for parents and carers of all children
Health and Safety Update
We strictly follow all Government guidance and continue to be vigilant and cautious. The actions that we are taking to keep your child safe at the moment include:
- A staggered start and end to the school day
- All children are taught in ‘Bubbles’ of their classmates
- Bubbles do not mix and children play and eat in their bubbles
- Frequent and thorough handwashing
- Staff wear masks whenever outside of their bubbles or workspace
- Any adults visiting a bubble, maintain 2m distance and wear a mask
- Symptomatic children and staff must not come to school and isolate for 10 days or until they have a negative test result
- If a child or member of staff has a confimed covid-19 case, all close contacts will isolate for 10 days – this will likely include their entire bubble
Thank you for supporting us with these important measures.
Although this term at Lansbury Lawrence has been only three weeks back in the classroom for the majority of our children, it certainly hasn't put a stop the the amazing creativity and music that could be heard all around our school. From drumming and singing in Year 1...
What an exciting few weeks of the term! On the 8th of March we finally returned to school and enjoyed being reunited with our friends. There is always something new to tell about Little Red Riding Hood and her adventures. As part of our English theme we wrote setting...
Season: Spring. We are just mad about gardening. We love getting muddy and putting our hands in the soil. Luckily, we have a super garden to explore and plant seeds. We enjoy watching the seeds grow, from seed to flower. We will take our seedlings home, to watch them...
This term has been a rollercoaster for Delaunay class and we have really enjoyed the ride! We came back to school and were united with our friends. We got back into our usual school routines. We got to celebrate Science week, Steam day, and International Women's day....
Hello everyone! This week we're looking at some of the great work that Lichtenstein class have been producing in English and the fun that we have been having in the build-up to Red Nose Day. This week in English we have been writing a fable based on the Fate of...
O Keefe class- Amelia's jumping boots will help you get to more places, quicker! O Keefe class- Suraya's long, extending arms can help you grab anything from anywhere Goldsworthy class- Mingin's Weather Saver will change any unwanted weather... Goldsworthy class-...