Lansbury Lawrence Primary School
Welcome to the Lansbury Lawrence Primary School website. We are a creative and successful, multi-cultural nursery and primary school in the heart of Poplar in the East London Borough of Tower Hamlets taking children from ages 2-11.
Throughout the school closure and beyond, our guiding aims as a school are:
Community Notice Board
- Happy Holidays! We’re looking forward to opening full-time to all pupils in September. Check back here for more details as we complete our plans. In the meantime, take a look at this page for a message from your new teachers from Year 1 to year 6
- Plan for the wider opening of school from June 1st, updated to include Y2,3, 4 and 5: click Here
- Further information for parents returning their children to school: click here
- School Closure: Click here for the latest updates
- Home Learning won’t be updated over the summer break, but you can still access previous learning through Google Classroom
- Additional information and resources to support you and your child’s learning
Lansbury Lawrence was built as part of the Festival of Britain. Enjoy the children’s film to find out more…
We enjoyed celebrating each other's work in our classrooms this morning. For those that couldn't join us, take a look at the presentation we shared - your name might be on it!
Year 6 Leavers Assembly In the school playground at 9:30 on Wednesday 15th July. The big gates on Ricardo Street will be open from 9:15 am and households will sit together. There will be a large, socially distanced group photograph whihc we will share with you, so...
After several weeks in lockdown, students in Riley class returned to school over the last two days, and they have written this blog to tell everyone about their time back in class. "Three months ago, Monday would have just been a normal start to another week at...
Today was the first day back to school for Hepworth class. It was the first time we had set foot in the classroom since March! It's been 3 months! Although there were only a few of us, we had a lot of fun reading, playing maths games, and making masks of characters...
As part of our celebration of Maths Week London next week, we are taking part in a friendly competition involving schools across the capital from Monday 22nd June to Friday 26th June. The competition is taking place online via Times Tables Rockstars, and students will...
Today we learnt the 'igh' sound in phonics. We read our books with Mrs King We learnt about halving in our maths session "At the water trays in the garden we made a giant waterfall, we used a lots of equipment to stop the water leaking through. All the animals were...
Home Learning Links:
Google Classroom Websites (if you are having difficulty, use the Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari browsers and sign in using your Google Classroom account):
- Van Gogh
- Peggy Angus
Subscription Sites (paid for by Lansbury Lawrence)
- Purple Mash
- Accelerated Reader (KS2)
- TTRockstars (KS2)
- My Maths
- Spelling Shed
- First News iHub
- Reading Eggs
Recommended Free Sites