Dear Parents and Carers
We hope you all had a restful and safe half term week. This week lots of exciting learning has been happening across the school, as all year groups begin their new learning themes:
- In Early Years, Nursery are learning about Space, and Reception are learning how we need to look after our planet.
- Year 1’s theme is Once Upon a Time, they are learning all about traditional tales, including Robin Hood.
- Year 2 are learning about the significance of the Fire of London in 1666.
- Year 3 are going way back in time to prehistory. They are learning about the Stone Age to Iron Age period.
- Year 4 are going to South America to explore the Amazon rainforest and learning about the importance of rainforests around the world.
- Year 5 are learning about Howard Carter, who discovered Tutankhamun’s tomb in Egypt, and learning why the Ancient Egyptians were so mighty.
- Year 6 are exploring Ancient Islamic Civilisation, and the golden age of Islam.
This week we had a very special plaque unveiling at Lansbury Lawrence. The plaque is dedicated to the memory of the Poplar fire fighters who lost their lives in the line of duty during WWII at the site of our school.
Health and Safety Update
Carle Class is now fully reopened and we’re pleased to be able to say that the school is currently covid-free, both staff and children. We will update you immediately should this change.
We are continuing to monitor all of our procedures and we are confident that they remain strong.
Thank you to all staff, parents and carers for continuing to keep us informed and working with us to ensure that we’re all doing the right thing.
Parent Teacher Meetings
The meetings will be held from the week beginning 16th November. This year, we will be holding our meetings over the phone. We looked at different technology, but with so many meetings, the potential for delay and frustration was too much – much as we will miss seeing you!
You will be given a two-hour window during which we will call you. We hope that this solution will be the best option for the greatest number of families.
Your child will also have prepared a reflection which they will share in advance with you on Google Classroom. Please enjoy this with your child before the meeting.
We look forward to sharing your child’s progress with you.