On Friday 6th of March, Year 2 went to visit Tower Bridge. We have been learning about ‘Where We Live’ in our Topic lessons. We have been learning all about different London landmarks such as; The Shard, Buckingham Palace, Big Ben, The Houses of Parliament, St Paul’s Cathedral, Tower Bridge, etc. When we were at Tower Bridge we were able to see the Engine Rooms that were used to make the bridge open and close when big ships were passing through and we were able to go into the bridge and walk across it. Some of us were even brave enough to stand on the glass floor and look down to the water and traffic bellow. We were told about a story about a bus, years ago, that was still on the bridge when it started to open to let a ship through. The bus had to jump over the gap onto the other side! Thankfully everyone on the bus was ok! We had a lovely time and we learnt so much!
- Using the internet to research
- Planning our Innovated Story of Jack and the Beanstalk
- The A-team of shelter building.
- Van Gogh class exploring tone
- STEAM Day – Making Lava Lamps!
- Our week – by Minjin and Emad
- We are researchers, we know about fish and their lives!
- Making Sandwiches
- Raiding and Trading – Riley Class Vikings Trip
- . . . And ACTION!