Year 4 have been looking very closely at the painting, Surprised by Henri Rousseau. They went to see it in the National Gallery, and were impressed by the colours and all of the detail you can see in the work if you look closely. Did you know Rousseau never actually visited a jungle? His work was mostly informed by his imagination, and through looking in books. In Surprised, there is a tiger. We think the tiger was surprised by a thunderstorm. Rousseau included many animals in his art work, like monkeys, baboons and birds. In art this week, Riley Class made some of Rousseau’s animals come alive!
- Using the internet to research
- Planning our Innovated Story of Jack and the Beanstalk
- The A-team of shelter building.
- Van Gogh class exploring tone
- STEAM Day – Making Lava Lamps!
- Our week – by Minjin and Emad
- We are researchers, we know about fish and their lives!
- Making Sandwiches
- Raiding and Trading – Riley Class Vikings Trip
- . . . And ACTION!