Lansbury Lawrence Primary School
Welcome to the Lansbury Lawrence Primary School website. We are a creative and successful, multi-cultural nursery and primary school in the heart of Poplar in the East London Borough of Tower Hamlets taking children from ages 2-11.
- Change of Date: Family Picnic for Eid al-Fitr will now be on Thursday 6th June at 2:00 pm. We look forward to seeing you all there. See our 17th May Newsletter for more details.
- Ramadan Mubarak! Our thoughts are with all of our Muslim families during this special time. For information about children fasting at school, please refer to the 3rd May Newsletter.
- The Room for Art exhibition at the Canary Wharf Community Gallery has now come to an end. (Click here) to read more about the project and our fundraising.
- Spring After School Care open everyday in the Community Room from 3:30 until 6:00pm (Click here)
- Breakfast club open to all children from nursery age and above. Speak to Debbie or Shahera in the office for more information.
- Nursery offer letters have now been sent out. If you are expecting a letter and have yet to receive it, please contact the school as soon as possible to make sure that your place is secured.
This week in sunflower class has been an exciting time as we have been preparing for Eid. The class have been reading books about Ramadan, making Eid cards and baking pretend Eid party food in the home corner. Making Eid artwork Creating Eid cards for...read more
Making new friends Dinosaurs - Raaaaaar Creative play with sand Mahid enjoying painting. Arts and crafts with Louise.read more
We have been learning to write instructions in our English lessons. We used the Little Red Hen as our stimulus. In the story the Little Red Hen made bread, so we decided we should try making bread as well but first we had to write our instructions. After writing our...read more
Learning in the Edible Playground Plants were the focus for our science lessons in Hokusai class this term, and the children have been making the most of Lansbury Lawrence's blooming edible garden to apply their learning in practice. "I have learnt about different...read more
Today Goldsworthy Class started the day with a fun song called "Wake Up" with Mr Haswell in their music lesson. They also played a melody on musical instruments, clapped some rhythms and did a fantastic rap.read more
6A visited the Tower Hamlets Cemetery today in order to see and hear birds as preparation for our next piece of writing- a non-chronological report about a bird. Throughout our time there, we could hear lots of different birds tweeting and chirping continuously. It...read more
Our Class Learning Stories
Catch up on classroom learning by enjoying the Class Learning Stories. The feeds are regularly updated by the teachers and children.
- O’Keeffe Class Learning Story
- Goldsworthy Class Learning Story
- Delaunay Class Learning Story
- Tagore Class Learning Story
- Hepworth Class Learning Story
- Hokusai Class Learning Story
- Riley Class Learning Story
- Van Gogh Class Learning Story
- Kahlo Class Learning Story
- Lichtenstein Class Learning Story
- Hirst Class Learning Story
- Peggy Angus Class Learning Story
- Nursery Learning Story
- Reception Learning Story