The Governing Board
On behalf of the Governors of Lansbury Lawrence Primary School I am pleased to welcome you to our website, and to thank you for your interest in our school.
As Governors we are committed to make Lansbury Lawrence the most successful and effective school it can be and want to enable our pupils to develop their potential to excel both at school and in their lives outside; now and in the future. I hope you will take time to read the Vision statement and Policy we have set out in the website to shape our governance of the school. If you would like to know more about the work of the governing body, the minutes of our meetings are always available from the school office, on request. We are working to continue building an excellent team of staff to lead us on that journey.
The educational system in which we operate is changing at an unprecedented rate. The Governors are committed to embracing that challenge and to making sure the school is in the best possible position to take advantage of the many opportunities that change brings.
Lansbury Lawrence School is a fantastic place, and we hope that you enjoy exploring our website and coming to the school itself. Whether you are a pupil, a parent, a new member of staff, or just a visitor, welcome to our school.
Chair of Governors
Lansbury Lawrence Primary School
As a Governing Body we commit ourselves positively to:
- support the school in its work of developing and educating its pupils and in overcoming any obstacles which arise
- challenge and encourage the school to create and maintain a determined drive to improve the progress and results achieved by pupils
- take collective responsibility and hold ourselves and the school to account for the outcomes of the pupils
- monitor the school’s effectiveness in achieving its objectives
- represent the broader interests of the Community within the school
- ensure that resources are used effectively to support the long term viability of the school to achieve its aims
As individual governors, we commit ourselves to play a full part in the work of the governing body. We undertake to:
- attend meetings regularly
- scrutinise and evaluate reports, policies and proposals submitted to us carefully and objectively
- seek to make positive contributions to discussions and decision-making
- respect confidentiality
- support all governing body decisions once made, working collectively
- visit the school in line with the agreed protocols to improve our individual and collective understanding of it, and report back to the Full Governing Board to support our role in monitoring and evaluation, challenge and support
The Full Governing Board meets 4 times a year, once each term with an additional meeting in May to ratify the budget. There are also three committees which comprise of members of the governing board. The committees meet 3 times a year and will provide further support and challenge to the work of the school and will report back to the Full Governing Board with recommendations where appropriate. The three committees are:
- Personnel, Finance and Premises Committee: Chaired by Neil Todd
- Curriculum and Achievement Committee: Chaired by Daisy Swift
- Children, Family and Community Committee: Chaired by Geoff Cannell
Our vision is of Lansbury Lawrence as an outstanding school which:
- enables each and every pupil to make the very best progress and achieve the very best results they are capable of
- enables each and every pupil to develop the necessary life skills, resilience and well- being to prepare them for their future
- offers an attractive, safe, stimulating environment for teaching, learning and play which is organised, staffed and managed to achieve the highest standards
- is a challenging, stimulating and rewarding place for teachers and other staff to work
- provides full and genuine equality of opportunity for all
- achieves the best possible results and best possible value from every pound it is able to spend
- has the full confidence of parents and carers